Built-in 1849, it was the Second Dutch Reformed Church Parsonage in Cradock and declared a National Monument in 1971. The Great Fish River Museum collection dates from 1630 - 2000. Ox wagon, different horse carts and old hearses are on view. In the Gallery see videos on the Boer War and the Cradock Four. According to hearsay it houses the organ that was played at Paul Kruger's baptism as well as copies of his christening certificate. Copies of the Midland News (Cradock's local newspaper) printed on silk dating back to 3 September 1912 are also found here. The museum is open weekdays: 08h00 - 16h00.
Information Courtesy Of www.sanparks.org/parks/mountain_zebra/tourism/activities.php
Phone: 048 801 5000
Address: 87 High Street, Cradock, 5880